1. Strengthens the shoulder girdle
2. Strengthens the wrist and elbow joints
3. Increases abdominal strength
4. Opens the chest which increases lung capacity
5. Tones and strengthens the body
1. Basic side plank (elbow or hand/bottom knee bent or straight) – hold as long as you can
2. Hip drops
3. Leg lift (abductor)
4. Leg lift, front, back and down
Do 12 repetitions on each side.
To make them harder make sure both legs are straight and/or place legs onto a bosu or bench.
Watch the clip from NBC and do the side planks with me.
More side plank variations coming in May. Have fun toning your entire body.